Thread: Recall Support
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the replies mrs.d & barb. Your advice is so helpful. I have already started a file for all this, keeping all papers as I go. I have asked for copies of the bloodwork from the vet offices (i have seen 2 so far, an emergency and her regular one). Tonight... I got a call back from Nutro!! The woman assigned my case gave me a fax number, took my information down, and asked me to fax her everything I have and said I can fax more as I get more bills. She said they will look over my papers and call me back later. I hope that they can recognize she was fine in October. I started her on Nutro around November because she started to refuse dry food since her teeth are bad (even though I keep getting dental work done on her).

Moose, you really are lucky you switched foods. I keep blaming myself for switching her to Nutro wet food. I should have gone to the vet and asked why she won't eat dry food anymore. I should have tried another brand. Or maybe I should have stuck with Pedigree 3 years ago when I decided to change brands.

Luckily, our vet is great. He was not in tomorrow, and I met the female vet that works with him and she seemed great also. They helped make me feel a little more optimistic and I think I may sleep a little better tonight. Except I won't be able to sleep with Lucy tonight because she is still being observed for the next few days. I am anxious to speak with him, he is always honest.

I will check out that website you mentioned moose, and see what it says. I already contacted the state FDA branch and left a message. I also contacted one of the US class action suits (the one in Wisconsin) and gave them all my information. I am waiting to hear back from the FDA and Menufoods. I also think it would be better to find others in a similar situation so we can work together to find some sort of conclusion.

Luckily for us, we have 10 extra cans of the tainted can food. So I have a bunch of evidence. They want me to send them one for testing. Somehow I see them trying to prove me wrong. Who knows what will happen? I will let you all know.

Mrs.D I am sorry to hear about your sons cat. You did not mention what happened next? Is she alright, going through testing? And thank you moose for giving me some optimisim about Lucy, another 6 years would be wonderful!
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote