View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 05:11 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, Chemar:

Thanks for your answer and information.

In the past, my baby used to laugh so often. Now, he barely smiles. The other day, I showed him, with my satellite phone, your picture with the cat walking in front of the German shepherds af if they were not even even there. For once, I heard him laugh. It is so wonderful hearing him laugh, even if it is not often these days.

Do you, by any chance, know of any books or web sites containing pictures as funny as yours, whether it is about animals or something else? I think they would help put a smile on his face.

I just do not know how to make my baby laugh or smile anymore. In the not so far past, I consulted several children psychiatrists for him. All they could do was to offer anti-depressants for him. I know that when I took some anti-depressants, they did not help me in any way, even though I took them as prescribed, at the highest dosage and for a long enough time. I am afraid the same thing will happen to my baby. The children psychiatrists all told me it is very hard for any physicians to help my baby physically or psychologically, whether these physicians are children psychiatrists, pediatricians, surgeons, or some other kind of physicians, because it is extremely rare for a child this young to find a donor and have a successfull transplant (one heart, two lungs, and two kidneys).

I will try to google or yahoo "Cystic Fibrosis children forums". Hopefully, there will be some forums with parents whose children already went through what my baby is going through and recovered successfully and these parents will be able to help my baby, if not physically (because they are not physicians), at least psychologically. Thanks again.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote