View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:06 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, Rrae:

Thanks for your answer and information.

Quote: "My first thought when I read this post is that it looks as though you have been experiencing a drop in tolerance, just by the mere fact that you've tapered up to this higher dose over the years. And now your body is telling you that the 72 hrs isn't enough anymore."

I think you are right. Unfortunately for me, I have had absolutely no success in convincing my doctor to have my fentanyl patches changed every 48 hours instead of every 72 hours. It is not that I absolutely want to do this, but I do not see any other solution.

I have heard of the term "drug holidays", but I fear this might cause epilepsy or asthma attacks, or both at the same time. I remember Emergency Room doctors telling me that withdrawal from narcotic, especially strong narcotic, painkilers lower the seizure threshold or the asthma attack threshold. I do not know if this is true or not. I also fear that CPS will use these epilepsy or asthma attacks as an excuse or opportunity to steal my two-year-old baby boy.

By the way, how can I tell if the narcotic withdrawal symptoms are a way for my body to tell me I need a drug vacation to lower my narcotic tolerance or a way for my body to tell me my health conditions (especially my generalized internal chronic RSD) have aggravated, hence the need for a higher dosage of narcotics?

I will talk to my doctors about the ideas mentioned in your post to find out if they are compatible with my health problems.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote