View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Teresa!!! I appreciate it!
Yea, i have been gluten free now for about 5 months I think... The bowel issues (what I think preceeded the rest of this mess) have improved some, but not back to "normal" for me.. I have dedicated pans etc that I use in the kitchen to avoid any cross contamination, and my kids and hubby eat mostly gluten free now too! I have two familiy members (aunt and cousin) that are possibly celiac too.. so I will just stay on this diet (though around Christmas I'd really like to indulge in my traditional cookies) until I start improving GI and Neuro wise, and then may test the waters someday, but for now not worth the risk!

As far as the IVIG goes, I felt like I was feeling a little better yesterday, but then the side effects of the IVIG seemed to kind of take over- flu like symptoms, pretty bad headache etc, been taking tylenol and motrin but temp is still getting up to 100, so i just kind of feel all over weak again.. though I think improved, but my right eyelid is droopy again, though not as bad.. humm... Wish I had a few more answers! I will be here in the hospital at least another night- LP done today, EEG/evoked potentials tomorrow.. Hopefully the body aches and IVIG side effects will wear off and hopefully the benefits will start really showing up!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote