View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
Hello bobbieoma54, and welcome to NeuroTalk although I'm sorry for the reason that brought you here.

I have MS and although I've never had the symptoms you mentioned here, I do know some-one who did. Here's a website that explains the condition that you might find useful.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/g..._neuralgia.htm
I read the description of this, and being someone who suffers from Trigeminal Neuralgia, and knows the 'pain pattern' of TN, I will point out that my burning mouth syndrome is entirely different than this description of Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia.

This is like, type 1 attacks of sudden and stabbing TN pain, only not in the cranial nerve that runs down the face, cheek, ear, neck, rather the nerve 'network' servicing the mouth.

With that in mind, my burning mouth syndrome is much more like "Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia", in that I'm bilaterally affected, and the burning doesn't stop, except for some mornings when I first wake up and have an hour or so of relief (mild pain) before the pain really starts to return, reaching a crescendo around suppertime/in the early evening. It's there day in, day out, without 'remission'. There's always a degree of pain with my burning mouth syndrome, ever since it began in 2007.

Interesting read, and I can't fathom what Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia must feel like, knowing how dreadfully painful Trigeminal Neuralgia is.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-22-2011), SallyC (12-19-2011)