In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Exclamation Thank You dear Paula!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
Tena,

I'm sorry to say that the only thing that helps my dystonia is sinemet and getting back 'on'. It is incapacitating but there are certain postions and stretching I do as soon as I can. Mostly you have to ride it out. I hate it.

One thing i do is lay across the bed and let my head hang loosely face down off the side of the bed so the neck muscles aren't working and blood goes to head. I either let my arms hang down too or put them down at my side with palms up, relieving wrist tension and shoulder tension.

It also helps to have the edge of the bed or a chair or something to let your toes grab onto at the other side of the bed to relieve toe cramping. I do a few yoga stretches and breathe deep when i can.

Dystonia - looking like Frankenstein - same thing for me.
Paula
When I do get dystonia on a scale of 1-10 it's a 10+
effects my neck -lower back and toes, I am very much stressed as this summer, my son who is almost 21,
was assaulted by 3 gang members, who broke into my sisters home,
we have a Criminal case against them, but they are still harassing us
badly.
ryan has been hurt to the amount of 6000 dollars in hospital bills and more!
thank you paula

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote