View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Seizures that are infrequent will not necessarily show up on an EEG. Some people end up wearing a 24 hour plus EEG recording system to try to catch the infrequent seizure activity.

Your caffeine intake is possibly a problem. Research suggests only a single serving per day of caffeine. It is an excito-toxin, meaning it excites the brain cells to the point of failure or fatigue. Add to this caffeine the Adderall and you have quite a mix.

The you add the Soma and hydrocodone and you are a walking pharmacy lab.

If these meds to not do much, would it be a problem to taper off them altogether and try to find out what your drug free state is like?

You could then try to get your brain detoxified and provide some supplemental nutrition to help it heal. There are plenty of post about the nutritional and supplement regimens used by many of us. We can repost if you need.

Are your various doctors in communication with each other? Have you ever had a pharmacist take the time to do a thorough assessment of your meds cocktail?

The doctor that thinks your brain can heal while on such a load of caffeine and your meds is lacking in his knowledge of mTBI.

This complex sentence has me completely baffled. <I am not "falling asleep" at my desk as they continued to document but according to the physical signs of a cerebral concussion out of the Psychiatric Manifestations of Neurologic Disease, Impaired conscious state or a brief loss of consciousness is the #1 sign.>

Keep in mind that many of us are struggling with prolonged or even permanent PCS and the convoluted sentence structures are difficult to process. Same goes for the long paragraphs without a blank line spacing. My eyes get completely lost. I know that PCS can cause some of the convoluted sentence structures so please do not be offended by my comments.

btw, Are you a male or female? This can make a difference as hormonal fluctuations can be extreme with PCS.

Hope we can help you.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote