View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 02:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My test results

Just a 'poll' of sorts for people who've had least (1) small fiber neuropathy skin punch test at anytime in the past? My answers in bold.
I have had one punch test at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale two years ago.
1) Which testing lab? Therapath
2) Where was your sample taken from? Outside (lateral aspect) of right ankle and hip.
3) Your diagnosis before or after the test? I had an unconfirmed diagnosis of small fiber peripheral neuropathy that was confirmed with the test.
4) Your result (just pos or neg) and/or results for multiple tests if done more than once? Positive 50% reduced density of small fiber nerves at the ankle, statistically significant reduction at the hip as well.
5) Has anyone had a sample taken from an area 'other' than the typical areas suggested in the test kit? No comment.

I hope that you are able to find help. For me getting a confirmed diagnosis didn't really help with my treatment. All the medications that I have been tried on have had unbearable side effects. The confirmed diagnosis helped me not feel so crazy with all the weird sensations I was experiencing. I was glad it was not something worse. I was disappointed that with all the testing I had a Mayo a specific cause was not identified. The additional tests may have helped with my disability case.
lehona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote