Thread: Been a while
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 10:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
It's not clear to me if the tramadol was prescribed for your neuropathy or lower back pain, or what kind of pain (neuropathic from PN or nociceptive pain from some other cause) you're feeling more of. You may have more than just PN going on, which may require something other than Lyrica.

You may not be addicted to tramadol, but probably are dependent on it, which is what's causing the withdrawal symptoms. The good news is that those symptoms should be temporary. But, if after getting past that point you're still in significant pain, that needs to be addressed.

Google: talk doctor pain

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Doc
Actually, the tramadol is for my feet. I do have a very typical L4,5, T1 degenerative arthritis. I get occasional zaps in my legs, feet, if I overdo it. I just don't understand the chemistry of tramadol having an effect on a nerve type pain. It doesn't make sense...but it works. I don't have nerve pain that runs from my spine to my feet (typical of sciatica). My ongoing, burning feet are non-radiating. It has stayed in my toes for 7 years.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote