View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 02:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default B12 and Folic acid supplementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoClay View Post
I appreciate the fact that there are so many well-educated people who keep this forum informed. However, so many times I wish the information could be written so those of us who don't have your knowledge could understand what is being said, since it is so important to us also. (Just a thought)
Sorry--in my haste (I find I have so little time for anything other than caretaking these days) I did not consider what message I thought important from the article--which is: Levodopa depletes B12 and interferes with folate metabolism and thus folic acid, necessitating supplementation with B 12 and Folic acid. SNPs (mutations) in the gene coding folic acid are very common. Individuals who have these SNPs need to use the breakdown product of folic acid--5-MTHF and folinic acid (I know Thorne makes a prodcut with this combo as does Metagenics; I do not know of others.)
madelyn

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
VICTORIALOU (12-20-2011)