View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 11:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Twitching from Shiatsu machine

I know I have posted about twitching in the past,and I have read the replies. I am also on the Magnesium for some moderate leg cramping and so on. I am on approx, 432 mg of elemental mag 2 x daily.

I am scheduled for a neuro visit soon. I have not seen my neuro in 6 months now. I have had the twitching come on since the last visit with neuro. My twitching actually started after I started using this shiatsu massager. I stand on it,and massage my feet, kind of like reflexology. I also roll it on my calfs and legs. It actually feels very nice,and can releive pain and tension.

So I thought I was doing a great thing as I was also improving my circulation to that area. But that's also when my twitching started,and also the pulsating feeling too.

I am not doing it hard, it actually feels like a pleasant massage. I just thought it would be good for me to stimulate the muscles and nerves, but I think it may have kicked off the twitching and pulsating.

Does anyone have any opinions on using these sort of devices? Is it safe to stimulate your nerves like that? I don't know if the twitching would have happened regardless. Does anyone know if it is possible to cause the twitching by massage, or do you have one of these and has it caused any problems?

Thank you

Last edited by Aussie99; 03-27-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote