View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 03:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hope

Hi all, this site gave me hope in times of recent desperation so I wanted to post regarding a success! On 26th Oct 2011 I had 4 of my lower teeth extracted (these were baby teeth) at the same time I had a bone graft to build up my jaw ready for implants. I have a condition called Hypodontia (lack of teeth). The surgery was quite extensive lasting four hours, I was in hospital for 2 nights. After the tooth extraction/bone graft I was in a state, very bruised and numb from my right ear right down to the middle of my chin. Slowly I began to regain some feeling... down to my chin (I didn't really notice this as I was watching the bruising disappear rather than the feeling coming back). After a few weeks I started to feel a lot better but realised that my chin was still very numb - I panicked and began to search the net. I was so upset that this might be permanent facial paresthesia and when speaking to my consultant they didn't exactly reassure me saying 'we hope the feeling will come back' Anyway to cut a long story short and give some of you in a similar situation so hope it has been 8 weeks since my surgery and I have pretty much all of my feeling back in my face/chin/lips I started taking vitamin B Complex B12 about a month ago and think this really helped!!!! So all of you out there have faith!! Keep smiling even if it is a wonky one, a little like mine.
sarah29 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote