View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thank yall so much! I appreciate it!!

Ugh, I'm still in isolation on antibiotics until the cultures get back - hopefully tomorrow, and hopefully they'll be negative and I can be at home with my kids for Christmas! It's breaking my heart that I can't see them right now!

Suddenly- it's interesting I feel like the people that I have read about who develop meningitis all become symptomatic during their 2nd dose.. That's when I did as well.. I wish they had done the LP before starting the LP, that way I could just be miserable at home!!! THe dr did say he woudln't recommend more IVIG, but he is the hospitalist neurologist and said my clinic neurologist may think it's just fine. so we'lll see!

Stellatum- Thank you!!! Gosh, i sure hope your right!!! I want to bid farewell to this crazy year of 2011 and hopefully we will have a much smoother 2012! I get so excited just thinking about looking back on this and finally feeling better!I hope that I still have some improvement to go from this round of IVIG... I think I am better, but I would like to see more improvement!

Jana- thank you!! wow.. I used to get migraines back when I was on birth control pills, but haven't had them since being off of them, and on my aspirin. I can't believe it sent you into a THREE month exacerbation!!!! That's awful!! what do you do for treatment now? I worry that I initially had good results, and I think I"m still feeling better, however last night I was feeling so sick my speech became slurred badly and my eye drooped and my breathing felt hard again.. ugh.. and then all day today same thing - and my jaw just feels shakey and too heavy.. My jaw muscles vibrate with exhaustion if i try and close my mouth. So I am worried that I might not be a lot better off.. I'm just hoping that somehow there is still some improvement that has yet to be seen!
I did however comb my hair today and didn't have to take many breaks- that was an improvement from when I got in here, so hopefully it will be a net gain!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote