View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James27 View Post
I am posting for my dad who is 56. He was involved in a car accident two years ago. He suffers serious head trauma from hitting the back of the driver's seat with his head. The vehicle was traveling approximately 55-65 mile per hour, (approaching highway speed). Since the accident he has had massive headaches that debilitate him. The healthcare provider he has, after filing a complaint, gave him a diagnoses of post concussive syndrome with headaches and analgesic overuse headaches. The research I've done seems to show an incorrect diagnosis since he's had the symptoms for two years. My understanding is that at this stage the symptoms are likely permanent.

If anyone knows of a good neurologist in the Stockton, CA area the referral would be appreciated.
I can not help you with a nuerologist as I am from canada, but I would like to mention that professional hockey players here in Victoria bc have been helped with post concussion syndrome at the Valentus clinic using a "brain state" therapy. I don't know if there is one in California but you might want to do some investigating. You can check out the website of the one here for information on "brain state" and maybe ask them if they know of any clinics in your area. I hope this helps.
kimadelia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote