View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 03:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Definitely not being a baby, Ewizabeth. I can't tell you what is the future if you get the MBA. But it seems clear what the present will be--exhaustion.

When I was teaching in Community College, I had an opportunity to finish my second MA, which had been suspended years earlier. But it looked like too much for me to do and retain my wholeness. I knew my nerves couldn't take it. And I saw two compatriots commit suicide because they couldn't take the anguishes of working toward a Ph.D in our field. That was sobering.

It is so nice to think of what might be down the line if we hang in there. But we have a harder time hanging in there than most people. I had to quit and go on Social Security as few years later, just as you expect you might have to take that route.

Be sure to take out Long Term Disability if your employer offers this. It has been a steady although small addition to my pensions over the years because I did take it out,
and it provided income before SS kicked in. I got my Disability through my employment on the very first try.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-21-2011), ginnie (12-21-2011), hollym (12-21-2011), SallyC (12-21-2011)