View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 04:10 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well, first of all, you should not be using anyone else's prescription! You know better than that. If you are having stomach issues, you should see your doctor. When did you start having stomach issues? When you took Mestinon? When you stopped?

Did you know that you need acetylcholine to make stomach acid? The symptoms of not enough stomach acid and too much are very similar. You could try taking some apple cider vinegar with food to see if that helps. Or some Betaine HCL capsules. Those two would work if you didn't have enough stomach acid. I don't have any and take Solaray Betaine HCL. But I think you need to talk to your doctor first. Stomach pain is nothing to mess with and can be a variety of things from ulcers (H Pylori bacteria) to celiac disease to cancer.

I don't think that med will affect the test results. And you shouldn't have had to go off of Mestinon for months. A couple of weeks would've been long enough. Most doctors say 24 hours but a study done by Dr. Howard said that the effects can last anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks.

If you have generalized MG, you "should" show increased jitter on the SFEMG in weak muscle areas. Just ask the doctor if he can test your deltoid muscle. They have to use muscle groups that they know the average jitters of for certain age groups.

Are you on any other meds? Even supplements?

Please call your primary doctor and see them about this, ok? Good luck on your test.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote