View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Okay...you asked...

Wiz, you have the energy of a diesel freight train engine...and strong motivation to get as much out of life as possible. For this I totally respect you.

Now...you know the spoons theory. I personally feel that our Lifesource has only so much Chi, or energy, to be used in one life. Some of us get even more energy from living a fulfilling life. Some of us burn the candle at both ends and end up leaving this beautiful planet way too early...

it all depends on what you wish to get out of what you are doing with your life. You also have to take into account what impact MS is taking on your life energy stores. We all know that the stress on our bodies from MS can indeed be formidable. Is it wise to get as much living in as we can, while we are still able to? Or is it wiser to scale back, living at a slower pace, trying our best to live a high quality life?

You need to go and get quiet...do some deep breathing...then see yourself in 5 years in your mind. How do you want your life to look? How will it look if you keep at the pace you are currently going?

I personally feel that your intuition is knocking at your door, trying to get your attention...otherwise you wouldn't be asking these important questions.

And please, don't let fear be a factor. Peace, calm, and centered while you ponder is the way to make the right decision. You seem to love your job. Are you enjoying the schoolwork as much as your job? Or do you like the school work more than your job? Is there another way to learn about life without the long term goal of a degree? Or is this an achievement that has been a dream for awhile? I went back to school at the age of 38 to get my BA. It was a life-long dream, and I am so glad I did it, even though it was tough with working part time and running a household with 4 kids...I wouldn't trade that experience for anything!

So, dear friend, ponder in peace and quiet...you will do what is right for you. I cherish your place in my life, for you got me to a great doctor...let us know what you decide...
ewizabeth (12-21-2011), ginnie (12-21-2011), SallyC (12-21-2011)