View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default went to vascular surgeon becayse of venous or arterial thoracic outlet and.....

I'm falling into a major depression. I posted on here to learn about what might possibpy be cutting my circulation off to my right hand. I learned that the doppler ultrasound is the best test and arterial tos is easiest to diagnosis. Well I did a 4 hours test off doppler ultrasound and the only 2 hand positions they had me do was arm up and arm down. Then they did this strange test where they cut ur circulation off on ur arm and put this thing oj ur finger.

Anyway the doctortells me that I seem to have a mild problem on my right side with circulation. He doesn't know what's compressing or where . After all these hours I was told that there's some retriction. Well i already know that! I waited a month just to see him and he tells me I have to get all these other tests done. The ultrasound basically told him nothing. After all this !

Then he says sometimes if the symptoms r mild n they do surgery it might not fix the peoblem. He's like its better if the problems r more severe. so its not a good thibg that im finding out early its a bad thing?

Also if they find out what is causing the compressuon and remove it my symptoms may not go away anddcan still form a blood. clot. I'm doomed. Idk why I read so much success stories and how easy it was to diagnosis arterial thoracic outlet from doppler but of course not in my case. I left more confused than i went in. Surgery is not successfyl with neurological complaints but i have only circulation complaints. I need a doctor who knows what hes doing.

How'd u get diagnosed ?? If you have arterial thoracic outlet what your doctor say about surgery and cure ? I spoke with severwl people on here who've been cured from circulation blood clot problems from surgery. Now i got to worry what is causing my symptoms and now feel that even though i know I have this Vtos or atos I can't do anything about it so just sit and wait for my blood to start clotting. I'm miserable. I'm 26 and have.had doctors think ive had cancer to all types of things n i have gone through hundreds of tests. Here i go again with all these tests with a terrible doctor. There seems to be no light at the end of this tunnel.
Scaredsilly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote