View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, Dr. Smith:

Quote: "All your body knows is that it's not getting enough medication to maintain a certain constant level, and it responds by presenting withdrawal symptoms."

So, when our body knows it is not receiving enough medication to maintain a certain constant level in our blood, our body responds to this lack of medication by using withdrawal symptoms? I wonder if withdrawal symptoms just happen with opioids or if they can occur with any medication.

Quote: "When your health conditions have worsened, it may feel like the pain is getting worse, or the medication is no longer addressing the pain (as well as it used to), without withdrawal. However this can also indicate an increase in tolerance."

So, if my health conditions have worsened, causing my pain to get worse, it means the pain medication is no longer controlling the pain as well as it used to. I thought an increase in tolerance to a pain medication, responsible for withdrawal, could happen or not happen, even if my health conditions have worsened.

Thanks for your information and help.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote