View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 03:57 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, Rrae:

I assumed that, if my American pain management physician in San Francisco accepted to prescribe some dextroamphetamine tablets for me while he knew I had been using fentanyl patches and taking morphine sulphate immediate release tablets, it must mean there would be no negative interactions between them. I also assumed that this doctor would, maybe, take my narcotic painkillers away if he thought they made me that sleepy, instead of prescribing some dextroamphatamine pills for me.

Quote: "I just wanted to share that the Fentanyl can certainly make a person very drowsy. I was tired all the time also when I was on the higher dose of 100 mcg. Now I'm down to 50's and don't seem to get drowsy as much."

I always change my fentanyl patches at 10 PM every 72 hours, when I do not forget. The following day, the first 24 hours of my patches, I am sometimes tired, but not this often.

Like I said in my first message in this thread, my primary care physician is the only one willing to treat me, whether it is for my pain problems or for my thyroid problems. When it comes to my thyroid problems, this doctor looks at my normal thyroid blood test results to say I am fine. Before I started taking one 25 mcg tablet of levothyroxine daily, my thyroid blood test results were abnormal and I had many hypothyroidism symptoms. After I started taking one 25 mcg tablet of levothyroxine daily, my thyroid blood test (without the tests for the thyroid antibodies) results were normal, but I still have many hypothyroidism symptoms.

Quote: "The main thing it caused was chronic drowsiness, no energy, hair falling out and weight gain."

I am almost 100% sure and certain that my strong tiredness comes from my thyroid problems (Hashimoto's hypothyroidism). Sometimes, I am so tired that when I type or read, I cannot keep my eyes open. It is just too hard.

It is great your thyroid problems are solved. Hopefully, it will soon be the case also with your pain problems. Good luck and thanks for your information.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote