View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 04:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to the site

I have been diagnosed with RSD in my left forearm and hand since Sept. 2011. This was a result of a distall bicep tendon repair, with a radial nerve decompression. I have a lot of pain in my forearm and hand with intense burning up and down the forearm and thumb. The swelling in my arm comes and goes along with red dots down at the wrist. I was put on Gabapentin, Naproxen, Cymbalta they seemed to do little for me. Then the stellate ganglion blocks were tried. I had 8 of these and only had relief for a few days with each. I had an EMG done with normal results. They are now trying a slow release gabapentin called Gralise. This seemed to take out the up and down pain level and made it more constant. The pain is still more than what I consider livable and I still have sleepless nights. I am also on Percocet twice a day that the Pain Management Doctor wants to take me off of. Without them though the pain is unbearable. They are also saying that the only recamendation that they have is for a peripheral nerve stimulator. It was described to me as more specific than a spinal cord stimulator. I am glad to see that there is somewhere that there are others with the same problem.
jrca is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote