View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 07:19 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, Dr. Smith:

I will, as you advised, check several web sites for medications interactions.

However, I will never talk about my taking dextroamphetamine to any French doctors or pharmacists because, like I mentioned in my first message in this thread, "French doctors look at me as if I am pointing a gun at them when I ask for a dextroamphetamine prescription renewal, even though this medication was already prescribed for me in the past by a U.S. doctor." Just pronouncing the word "dextroamphetamine" is enough to get me a murderous look from most, if not all, French doctors and pharmacists. Like I told Sloane, I am not a druggie; I am just a patient asking for her extreme fatigue to be relieved.

Quote: "Have you had your adrenal hormones checked?"

I do not know what adrenal gland and hormones are. I had my thyroid gland checked once and my thyroid hormones tested three times.

Quote: "Intractable pain and long-term opioid use can deplete/suppress them [adrenal hormones], and that can cause fatigue (among other things)."

Unfortunately for me, my intractable pain (caused by generalized internal chronic RSD) cannot be cured, so I have to take strong opioids for the rest of my life because no other medications work as well.

I will have my adrenal hormones checked if I can find a doctor willing to write a prescription for me. Like I said, the French Polynesian public health insurance company does not stop harassing doctors who prescribe tests, medications, braces, etc... for me. This insurance company always complains my health care is too expensive for them compared to the premiums I pay.

I will check the link you posted and print the interesting information. Thanks for your information and link.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote