View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 07:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for responding. The tests I had did both arms and they also did the test with blood pressure cuffs. At first it wasnt working the blood pressure cuff test but then it seemed to eventually work. Hopefully the results were accurate. Basically, both of those tests showed that there is a slight difference with my problematic arm versus my normal arm. There is definitely something going on and I knew this before I had any tests due to my symptoms.

I have had dozens and dozens of ct scans and I am forbidden by my regular doctor to have any more radiation to my body. With that said, my surgeon explained that I will have an MRI done to determine more information. Eventually I would have to get those invasive tests which frighten me. I want to make sure I get the accurate diagnosis.

He didnt seem to give me much information. I walked out feeling doomed and even though the doppler didnt show any blood clots im assuming I will eventually get one because I do have some kind of compression going on. He explained that even with surgery it doesnt always seem to get better. What I do not understand is I do not have neurological TOS at all. I have either venous or arterial or both and if they could determine EXACTLY where the compression is and what is doing the compressiing than why wouldnt the surgery be at least 90% successful? They removed the culprit thats hitting my veins then I would think I would be cured??

An example would if I was stepping on a water hose and its compressed. ONce they remove my foot...wouldnt I be fixed ??

The venogram and angio gram that has radiation in it correct? I am 26 years old and I am afraid all the tests and surgery are going ot be doing more damage than I originally had. What was ur diagnosis and how are you doing now??
Scaredsilly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote