View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 12:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I want to add my two cents regarding not working to focus on school which is something I hear often from people who think they will be rolling in the bucks as they advance their education. To me it is kind of like the mindset that a mortgage is "good debt" or school loans are "a necessity" to justify overspending which in many cases is flawed logic.

Imvho as an adult, MS or not and most especially with MS, quitting work while you are still able to work is never a good idea. Even if you figure the amount of income part-time wages would bring in that is a tremendous amount of money over the course of a few years that you may never be able to recoup especially if you are a. old or b. have MS (sadly both of which I am)

I worked about 30 hours through nursing school which was discouraged but by the time I got my RN I would have missed out on over $120,000 worth of income. That is money I would never be able to make up and desperately needed should I have become disabled and unable to work during that time.

For me even though I'm exhausted most of the time I have a good feeling in that I am making hay while the sun is shining and plan to continue at this crazy pace for as long as I possibly can. I'm thinking I can rest when I'm finally disabled by this monster.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (12-22-2011), ewizabeth (12-22-2011), ginnie (12-22-2011), tkrik (12-22-2011)