View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnMoving View Post
Hi,

I was all set to have my MVD next month but after a week of being unable to eat or drink (not to mention a few trips to the ER for IVs) they decided to do a radiofrequency rhizotomy right away.

So now I have traded the pain for numbness. Well, for most of my face this is true. It is day four and my lower left lip and tip of my tongue have a strange sensation. It is not painful as much as tingly/burning, but very very mild. Is this just uncomfortable numbness that I will get used to or is this the start of anesthesia dolorosa?
I haven't had a rhizotomy of the Trigmeninal nerve, but I've had them to the nerves in my facet joints on my spine. Following the procedure, it is common to experience an increase in pain which should subside in time, in my case it was as long as six weeks. I suggest that you call your doctor and ask him if what your feeling is a result of the procedure or if it indicates another problem. Please do so asap before the holidays interrupt all contact so you can get some answers.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote