View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 04:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Advice needed: How to get "psychosomatic" label off my medical record

Hi there. This is my first time posting although I've been reading for several months now. Quick background - I sustained a concussion in August while playing ice hockey. I'm currently in month 4 of pcs with just a bit of improvement from the beginning. Most bothersome symptoms are nausea, dizziness, trouble staying asleep, exertion headaches...all the classics. I'm not on any medication.

Today I saw my 3rd neurologist. I wasn't totally satisfied with the pcs knowledge of the previous 2. Luckily, I think this third one will be able to get me on the road to recovery. My problem is that the neuro that I saw today pointed out that my previous dr. listed in my medical file that some of my symptoms may be psychosomatic! This is so not the case and even my current doctor agrees.

Question is, how do I get this removed from my old file? Is this possible? I left a message with the Dr. that gave me that label, but I'm not sure what to say to him when he calls tomorrow. Well, I should say I don't know how to state my case nicely. I really did not care for him and now that I know he put that in my file makes me very upset to say the least. Any advice would be appreciated.
Lagr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote