View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello

I am glad you came to Neuro talk. I know all about labels that doctors can put in your files.
I would ask that particular doctor tomorrow matter of factly to remove that statement from your records, as your others have indicated that your mental state is not a part of your physical symptoms. He can say "no", so you have nothing to loose by asking him straight out to do that.
I have many things on my records not so nice. "difficult patient" I walked out of a hospital once, I dumped a physician, refused medical tests. I even went to the doctor with my best friend and come to find out she labels me a lesbian. Real nice huh? I got those records and was horrified to be labeled as such when she just met me! She didn't know squat about me or my personal life yet she felt she was justified at putting that in my records. Well most of this garbage stays in my records, and to tell you the truth I don't care. I am sorry that you got that said about you. You didn't like him any way, and perhaps he didn't like you eithor so he put that in there as he didn't really know what was wrong with you. Doctors sometimes feel superior to others.
If this happens to stay on your records, please don't be too upset. the doctor you know now, who understands what is wrong with you, will ignor what the other said. My current physicians have read all about me I am sure, yet they are warm and compassionate and certainly have help me out. They never held anything against me, and treat me with the utmost respect.
stay with the good Docs. that do help you, and go forward and get well. I wish you all the best, and hope that doc will do what you ask. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote