View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 05:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I played division 1 basketball in college and then tore my ACL twice in three years playing in a Veterans league. So I needed a sport that went back and forth instead of side to side. Or as I told my wife, "Another sport over which I can obsess." I fenced for about 8 years AB (my icon picture is me at Nationals) and when all this crap started I moved to chair. I hate to say it, but I'm better in chair.

It's so hard to watch college basketball knowing I used to do that. But I digress. It kills me to see my son-in-law, daughter, wife go off to work and I have been relegated to a cleaning dirge. This stuff is really the only interaction I get. I have some fencing friends but they work during the day. I just sleep to make the day pass. I am afraid of my choo choo chugging around the bend. Oh, I should mention I have super aneurysms. Despite being stented and clipped they are still growing. So I still have an exploding head. It may go off in 10 minutes, 10 years, or never. I am slowly losing the ability to stand for extended periods, bend, reach for something over my head.