View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, let me try to explain my situation. The first aneurysm is in the basilar artery, one of the main feeds to the brain. If you put your finger in your mouth and just angle up a smidge you are pointing at the trouble site. I had developed the worst of the aneurysm family in one of the hardest to reach places. I had a fusiform aneurysm; if you imagine a balloon blowing up and the sides expanding instead of the little bubble others can be. It had a slight tear so there was a bleed out into the brain causing the stroke.

On my follow up angiogram they said not only was it increasing but I had grown a new one on the basilar tip by the Circle of Willis. So craniotomy, bypass, and clip the new one. The clip has shifted, the bypass is occluded. I think there might have been another bleed or it just sparked the reaction to cause more strokes. The last one was in the pons region affecting motor skills. Then throw in the start of having seizures. (boy am I fun at parties.)

By super aneurysms I just mean they seem to fight whatever is done to make them stop growing. SO my head is a time bomb that may or may not blow. (eww, messy). A rupture of either one could cause all sorts of issues up to and/or death. I tell colleagues that I have an exploding head so don’t **** me off because I’m not afraid to use it. I just want to be like I was before. Even more insufferable if you can believe it.