View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarite View Post
Your story is a lot like mine, except I knew I had the first concussion and the subsequent ones were just plain accidents. The key is DO NOT GET ANY MORE CONCUSSIONS! they build and the more you get the longer it will take to recover, and the less likely it is that you will ever recover. It is really hard for those around you to understand. sometimes it is frustrating, that is often why I come to this forum, but this can help you in your relationships with others who are in pain. those who are in physical or emotional pain. You have this golden opportunity to learn how those people feel, how alone and lost. This can give you the opportunity to really grow in this way.

As far as the headaches after school, and feeling better after meals, that is the same with me. I realized that florescents are a huge part of the problem with school, though sunlight can do it too. If they will let you, try sunglasses, even inside. Also, try eating lots of small snacks during the day, this will help so you do not have that pre-meal slump. Another thing is to make sure that you keep your neck and jaw muscles relaxed, those can really trigger headaches. Finally, before you meet with your neuro, make up a written list of all the things that cause your headaches to become worse. Also find out if anyone in your family (even you great- aunt twice removed) has migraines. These are both questions my neuro asked me.
As for school, it really helped me, during the first few months, to have other people read my homework out loud to me so that I could keep my eyes closed.

The hardest thing for me to find was information about the length of time, and whether or not my symptoms were normal for this injury. Length of time is relative to each person, sometimes it will be a day, for others a week or two, for others a few months, and still others years. As for symptoms, the list is endless, but the most common are:
headache, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, fogginess of mind, trouble with light and sound, inability to be active, trouble with concentration, quick temper, and many more.

I hope that you find help in your neuro. Good Luck!
Merry Christmas!
Margarite
one of the hardest problems is the temper and how to deal with kids/friends when they screw around with me.... i get mad at the smallest things....
mxanhockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote