Old 12-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Graves Disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
The tests that were done were TSH,T3,T4. Also a scan with radio iodine uptake and also antibodies. Coupled with an overwhelming amount of close family members with thyroid disease ranging from hypo/ hyper/ Hashimotos. I am the only one thus far with Graves Which is hyper and take meds to slow it down. My metabolism was twice normal and was interfering with almost everything. I was getting pretty sick. I am better now, but started going numb and can't figure out why. Thank you for replies.
I was diagnosed with Graves Disease about 15 years ago. Had no idea I had it; but had a general blood test with my GP and was unaware she had also tested the thyroid. She called me and informed my that I had Graves Disease; but never mentioned any having problems associated with the Disease. Went to an endocronoligist I was treated for a couple of years with tapozole. Then went into remission for a few years.

Once you have had thryoid disease, the blood work should be done at least every 4 -6 months. About 5 or 6 years later became Hypothroid and will be needing Synthroid for the rest of my life and continual blood test as well.

I know the immune system is compromised; but didn't get PN until Spine fusion surgery about 5 years ago. So, while throid may be a factor; in my case, the disease was not the cause of my PN.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aussie99 (12-25-2011)