Thread: MG Moon Theory
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart MG Moon Theory

This is super silly but it popped into my head today as I was trying to rest. Jennyg97 was the inspiration, since I can't handle when doctors can't "see." Well, let's face it, you're all the inspiration . . . I had just reached an inability to deal with blind doctoring.

This isn't like the "Spoon Theory," even though it rhymes with it. It's all about how doctors deal with diseases, not how patients do.

New Moon: No obvious signs of MG but you know you're weaker than normal. The doctor cannot "see" a thing wrong with you. Maybe you're anxious or depressed.

( Quarter Moon: A few signs of clinical weakness but the test results are negative. The doctor can tell you might be weak but there isn't enough evidence and you are dismissed to "see how it goes." Maybe you need a nap.

(| Half Moon: A handful of signs of clinical weakness but you only have half of the test results needed for a diagnosis. You have "possible" MG and are sent for more testing.

() Three Quarters Moon: You are obviously clinically weak and are given a "probable" MG diagnosis and some Mestinon. Let's check back in six months to see how "we" are doing.

O Full Moon: What you do to the doctor if s/he can't definitively diagnose you at this point.

At every single stage, the MG "moon" was real but the doctor couldn't see the entire clinical sky so he could not "believe" in it. Or you.

Seeing is not believing. Believing is seeing!

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 12-23-2011 at 03:07 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (12-23-2011), suev (12-23-2011)