View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 02:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Similar Situation but not sure of treatment

Hello,
Please pardon me not posting this where it belongs (I am a brand new user and I cannot figure out how to post a new topic)

My 18 year old son has suffered 5 concussions since August of 2011 (It's now December of 2011). Stupidly, he told no one of the injuries until this last concussion.

He's had a continual headache for 5 months..he says he's just used to having it and it doesn't really bother him. Some dizziness, and forgetfulness. MRI is fine, went to see a prominent neurological psychologist. He took an extensive history, gave him a vision and balance test which were fine. In a month, he wants to do in-depth cognitive testing. Doc wants to treat him behaviorly how to manage headaches and if that doesn't work, then medication.

Here's my question (and it's probably a stupid one): We know eventually he'll get better with lots of rest..He will NOT be participating in ANY contact sports. What is the benefit of doing all this extra testing?

I'd appreciate any insight, and once again, sorry for posting this in the wrong place.

Jennifer
jentaylor728 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote