View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 08:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks Tatia!

Thanks, Tatia, for your suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geode View Post
Have you researched mast cell disorders?
I've started looking into mast cell disorders a little most recently, but haven't come across anything that feels like an "aha" moment. I will continue to research that area though since it is new to me. Thanks for the forum link. I've found forums to sometimes be more helpful because then I can get a practical view of the illness from the perspective of someone who lives with it every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geode View Post
More importantly, have you considered applying to the NIH Undiagnosed Diseases program? You have so many different things going on, with several positive test results, I think you might make a good candidate.
Since I live in the DC metro area, this seems like a no-brainer. I talked to one of my doctors at one point a couple of years ago (when I was in the life-threatening GI bleeding situation) and he felt it was unlikely I would be accepted. He said he had other patients sicker than I that he had not been able to get in. Since this is a doctor I have a long history with and is someone I trust, coupled with the fact that I was so devastatingly ill, I let it go. Maybe it's time to look at this possibility again. Thanks for the reminder!

Jenny
jennyg97 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote