View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is it a dream or real?

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has experinced this before? As some of you might know, I was only recently dx'ed with MG. Although for years I have had a recurring dream(nightmare). In my dream I will fall and be unable to get up, or if I am driving I cannot pick up my foot to put on the brakes. I always figured it was because there were times this actually happened in real life. Not the driving, because I no longer drive. Scared I could not control the vehicle. Well last night a new "problem" arose in my dream. As it usually happens, I was in my home, and someone broke in. I felt fear, and knew they were going to hurt me. But I could not move to get out of the way. I couldn't even lift a finger.
I could not even speak. This is where it changed. I also could not breath. No matter what I done. I woke myself up yelling "I can't breath!" Could this be me struggling for real in my sleep, trying to breath? It is a horrible dream, and now it is much worst because I couldn't breath. I'm kinda worried about this, because it feels so real...
Also it was my internal med doc who dx me. I have been on amitriptyline and cyclobenzaprine for awhile now. He did not take me off either of them. I'm not sure if that is the right call. Maybe they are interfering with my breathing at night.
One more thing....I see most people on here have a neuro as their MG doc. I have no insurance, so that isn't really something I can afford right now. Can someone speak about the reason to have a neuro instead of just your primary doc....
Thanks for any input on this...
Dew
dewcole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote