View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, Dew. Your big question is whether this could be an episode of extreme weakness that happens while you're sleeping, and that's caused by the MG. I want to make it clear that I don't know the answer to that question.

I have something to pass on, though. It has to do with "sleep paralysis" (google that for more info). When you're asleep, you're normally paralyzed so you don't act out your dreams. But sometimes, people get into a state where their minds are awake, or partially awake, but their bodies are still asleep. Then they have that terrifying experience of not being able to move.

Here is the solution to sleep paralysis: To break out of the paralysis, you just need to find some part of your body that will move. When you can't move anything else, you can sometimes move your tongue. Wiggle your tongue vigorously back and forth. If you find you can't move your tongue, move your eyes back and forth as fast as you can.

This may not help you at all, but I suffered from sleep paralysis for so many years before I found this solution that I thought it was worth passing on just in case it helps.

I want to emphasize again that I don't know that what you experienced was sleep paralysis, and since you have MG, you should take the episode very seriously and tell your doctor about it.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dewcole (12-23-2011)