Thread: Suspense!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Suspense is over

All they saw on the MRI was "arthritic changes".

So, the physiatrist says that he thinks it's the MS causing the problems, but after I told him about the MRI reports from 5yrs ago that actually mention specific places on my spine for bulging discs and things like that, he wants me to bring him the printouts on those MRI's (I'm taking the cd's with me too)

So, I go see him next week to get a few xrays also (because he wants to see how my back bends and moves) and then I can do PT. I get to do traditional PT, and he's going to try the aquatic PT also to see if I can handle it. (the pool is 93 degrees, have to see if I can stand the temperature)

When I see him next week, I'll find out if I get any fancy stylish footwear or a knee brace or two.

So, I guess I just have to wait (impatiently) for the stupid flare to clear up. Probably a good thing it's the MS, because if it were slipped discs, they'd want to get all stabby with me and cut things to fix it, and that sounds like it'd hurt...and probably takes just as long to recover from as an MS flare.

At least the MRI didnt see anything new and creepy other than the "arthritic changes". Arthritic changes sounds a lot better than "there's a bright glowy spot on your spine that we havent seen before".

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karilann (12-29-2011), tkrik (12-23-2011)