View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 10:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New to the struggle of being in limbo

I am officially new here, but I have been lurking around since last year.

Here is a history of my medical problem: Last year I woke up with a sore neck that progressed to unbearable neck and shoulder muscle pain in about a month. I finally went to the doctor and chiropractor. The pain eventually traveled down my right arm and made my ring finger and little finger tingle. I was taking pain medication, muscle relaxers and physical therapy and it seemed to be working. Then, suddenly and without warning, in a public place, lost control of my bladder. My chiro immediately thought it might be MS symptoms and sent me to a neurologist. ALL of my tests have come back normal, except that I did have a bulging disk in my neck of which physical therapy seemed to take care of last year. MRIs of brain, cervical, and thorasic - normal. Blood tests - normal. EMG - normal. After all those tests, time off work, and money, I found that I was the healthiest person alive whose fingers tingle and has a burning pain in their arm off and on for no reason! I finally gave up and did not go to my last follow up appointment with the neurologist. However, I had to return to my neurologist this year for a refill on my migraine medication. My migraines are hormone related and occur once a month (I'm 42 years old). Of all things, the week before my doctors appointment my back and shoulder muscles started to spasm again, my wrist was killing me and now he wants to repeat the brain, cervical and thorasic MRIs and the EMG.

I know many of you have spent years in limbo and understand my frustration. I'm just not sure that anything new will appear on the MRI or EMG since last summer. Am I wrong? Has anyone else given up on having all of these tests done?
Louise4777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote