View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default turns out it was asceptic meningitis

Took Cait to the ED yesterday morning because of severe headache, neckache, back pain, low grade fever (100.5), and vomiting. This was the morning after the 3rd IVIg dose.
The ED team was pretty unaware of MG, so had to consult with our Neuro. After 9 hours in the ED he came to see her and diagnosed her with asceptic meningitis. Gave her 2 tylenol, zofran for nausea, IV benedryl, and solumedrol. That helped A LOT! The headache dissipated and we were discharged.
Today she had dose 4 of the IVIg but he had ordered pre-meds of benedryl, solumedrol, zofran and aleve. She tolerated it well and two hours later she's resting in bed. I hope she doesn't get that blazing headache again. Tomorrow is the last treatment. Not so fun on Christmas Eve!

bny806, I want to thank you for posting your questions about asceptic meningitis yesterday. I had read your posting the morning she went to the ED so I was prepared for what was to come. I can't thank all of you enough for this forum and keeping me and my daughter informed. It feels good to be speaking intelligently with the docs.

Question: do you find the Aleve works best for the IVIg headaches?
Is spacing out the IVIg treatment better every other day? Our home infusion nurse said that other patients seem to do better when the infusions are spaced apart by a day.
violet4941 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote