View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 03:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Hi all,
I am new to the forum and thought I'd jump in here. I was diagnosed 2 months ago with a concussion I received at work and have since been treated by a workmans comp Sports Med doc and a Neurologist.

The CT and MRI came out normal and the treating doc said he is going to take me off all med and see if I improve to get me back to work.

The Neurologist says I need to see an ENT. I suffer from head pressure with intermittant headaches, concentration/focus problems, lack of memory, nausia, dizziness at times, noise senitivities,blurry vision, extreme fatigue, insomnia, confusion, and irratability to name a few.

I think my treating doc is frustrated becuase I don't respond well to medicine and he just wants to get me back to work.

I too want to get back to work, I tried working the first 3 weeks after the concussion until he finally pulled me out, but I can't imagine going back feeling like this.

I am having problems functioning at home so I know work would be very difficult now as I do all the bookwork, buying, and managing the place.

I have noticed some improvements such as finding my words and typing better now and the medicine has helped control the twitching that I was having. But it did not do much to help the lack of sleep.

I suppose my reason for jumping in here is to also get some imput as to when to begin thinking about going back to work and what if they try to force you back before you feel you are ready.
HeadStrong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote