View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Dew, I'm sorry you're going through so much. Can you try to find another primary doctor who will try to understand MG better? Some primary doctors don't mind treating MG or learning more about it. Like these guys said, it's not as good as a neurologist treating you though.

Does your state have any aid you can have? You might want to look into any and all options; just give your Capitol offices a call to see if they can direct you.

Jana, Where did you get that med list? It's a good one. I like how they "code" meds red or yellow. One that I noticed was not correct, however, is Ketek. It is an absolutely contraindicated drug in MG. NO ONE should take it who has MG. It caused drug-induced MG in my Mom in 2006. It has a black box warning to that effect.

I don't know what else to tell you, Dew. Living with MG is hard enough without appropriate help, plus other complications like financial difficulties. What you really need is a sleep study too. Those feelings you are having while sleeping could be that your MG is worse while sleeping. If I have dreams that I'm choking, I usually wake up choking for real. Though I can have dreams where I can't lift my arms or drop things but that's simply a projection of a fear due to MG. It can be hard to know the difference. I really wish you could see a neurologist. Do they have any free clinics in your area? Some states do.

Good luck to you. Be very careful. If you get worse, please go to the ER.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote