Thread: Tongue Pain
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 06:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default thank you for upur reply

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful replies. I know all about thrush, and i thought i had that at first and trfeated it with nystatin oral, but no thats not it now.
it is a mystery like alot of rsd seems to be. the only thing that gives me relief is blistex red and white tube as bizzarre as that sounds.
i am so sorry for what everyone goes through with this illness. may a cure be found this in 2012! let it be our year to be made well and whole
Blessings
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy d View Post
Hi Lori,
Sorry about the mouth pain. I have suffered with rsd in my mouth and jaw for many years. I recently had another rsd person I know tell me about brandy. I got a small bottle of regular old brandy ($3.99) and when my three infected teeth hurt I take two small eye droppers of brandy and put it once on the top of my mouth by the first infected tooth (waiting to have it pulled) but not close to it or the cold eye dropper hurts and let it drop on the area and then do the same thing on the bottom gum. I thought it "might" help and wow was I sorry I didn't try it a long time ago. It numbs the area a bit and takes away the throbbing pain. I use it every night now before bedtime and it helps me so much.

Another thought I had was maybe you have thrush in your mouth and that will def cause white spots and pain in your mouth. You may have an overabundance of yeast in your body which set it off. I had thrush once and the doctor cured it real quick...I think he gave me a mouthwash or some thrush killer med...it was so long ago. So check with your doctor first to see if he can cure it. Having rsd is enough to deal with. Good luck. I have also used warm water and hydrogen peroxide as a gargle to help with a sore throat and maybe that would help you kill bacteria or whatever it is until you can get to the doctors. Also, change your toothbrush alot and some toothbrushes have a tongue cleaner on the toothbrush which may help fight the infection too. Listerine may help too. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Best of luck,
kathy d