View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 06:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi ginnie,

The mouthwash recommended for dry mouth is called Biotene. Some people have success with this, while others not so much. The main reason for the lack of success is because it is the medication that is causing the problem so irrelevant of what you do, the problem will be there as long as you take the medication. People who take these meds long term have lots of dental problems and even when they stop the drug, the saliva does not increase to what it should be because at that point, the condition is not able to be reversed. Although many people rely on these drugs on a daily basis, they really should be used for short periods of time.

Bryanna
Bryanna,

I totally agree! I was put on xanax 3x a day at age 18 and my dr kept me on this drug for a few years before I realized the negative impact of xanax. By the time I was old enough to really start paying attention to my health and the implications of such drugs it was too late for me to just quit. I do hope some on here taking Xanax are only doing it for a very short period of a few weeks, it is one of the nastiest px drugs and the addction is terrible!
Ana474 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote