View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 07:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi - I just want to say that I agree with Rose on "counseling". I'm a mom of a 14 yr old boy who has been recovering from Post Concussion Syndrome along with second impact syndrome (when you receive additional concussions before the initial one has healed). It 's hard enough to be fourteen, but to get better and then go backwards more than once is very traumatic emotionally. The fear of re-injury and possible trauma can create panic attacks and severe depression. The last setback created disassociated thoughts and 24/7 fear. The best thing that we could do (besides lots of tears and LOTS of prayer) was to connect him with a calm, understanding counselor who works with adolescent teens.
He has welcomed it and he has found a lot of comfort talking to someone other than his parents and he finds that getting those thoughts out in the open is healing and validating that "their not weird" - which is what you think when you are stuck in your own head.
Magnesium and chamomile tea are natural that can calm you a little. We drink a magnesium powder that is called CALM that we mix like a tea. It calms him before he goes to bed. You can get in on line. We love **

Hope that this helps,
Tina Sullivan
Nourish Your Noggin
NourishYourNoggin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (09-02-2012)