View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well I got the results of the cervical & thoracic spine MRI. Essentially, I have lesions in my spine. Where I am getting most of the pain, there is a lesion 5mm in length with slight thinning of the cord. This is at the T4/5. The bones & disc are all fine. So the lesion & thinning of the cord has to be the cause of my pain.

Now the problem is the neuro is fixated on dxing me with MS and I believe this may be a result from my extremely low B12 for a long period of time. However, he won't even entertain the thought. So, I either continue with spinal taps, etc for this or I seek a 2nd opinion. But I have no idea how to find a Dr who really knows anything about B12 deficiency. My main concern now is getting my levels up and wanting to know if this is something that will get better or not, assuming it is caused by the B12 deficiency. The family Dr admitted the results of my MRI are beyond his expertise. It's so frustrating.

I am continuing taking 5000 B12 methyl orally and also 250 mg of Benfotiamine. I get my number tested again in a month.
Westgrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote