View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 10:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I know I'm boring talking about which supplements help spasticity, but let me remind you that a board certified neurologist first put me on magnesium many years ago. He said it would work as well as Baclofen and Zanaflex for me, and it did. He told me to find one which causes the least diarrhea, and i did. I now take over 1000 mg a day in divided doses, but now I need MORE to help. I take 1000 mg of calcium a day, NOT at the same time as the Mag (I take it between meals and it helps any acidity that might be in the stomach, too). I take 800 mg of D3 a day to help absorb minerals. I take Vitamin E complex and 100 mg of B1. I do the leg stretches the PA showed me (boy do those stretches help!).

Last night I slept without any spasticity or jerking. What a blessing.

I just had to put these things down even if you are not interested, because they might help if you try them. I know none of this is a perfect answer. I am still walking around without a brace. I did fall down stairs a year and a half ago and broke my kneecap, due to numb feet. They are less numb than they were, possibly due to so much supplementation and exercise. I don't know. I just keep trying.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ME667 (12-23-2011)