View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 12:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can totally relate, and it sucks.

For me, Winter is bad because of the cold and I spend the winter waiting for spring.... but the problem I have with Spring is that the weather changes so often, and I tend to flare anytime the weather makes a change.

In the spring there are so many rain storms and changes in barometric pressure and those cause flares for me.... it's so hard mentally because all of winter is bad due to the cold, but in spring I go back and forth between good days and really bad days everytime the weather shifts and changes. It's soooo frustrating.

One thing that helps me is to check out the "aches and pain" forecast on Weather.com http://www.weather.com/activities/he...m=secondarynav

I can enter my zip code and get a 10 day forecast that includes an "aches and pains index" (a scale of 1-10 that forecasts how much the weather will affect a persons pains for each day). I will often use this to help me plan my week and it also helps me by knowing what to expect.

Waking up and being in a flare without expecting is really frustrating and annoying - but at least with the aches and pains index I can sort-of know what to expect everyday. It's not perfect at predicting my own pain flares )especially because I flare from other things besides the weather) but it does help to be able to predict a weather-related flare.

For example - if I know that Friday will be a day with a likely weather flare, I can make sure I take it easy on Thursday so that I don't have a weather flare and over-activity flare when I wake up Friday morning.
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote