View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Diana,

I'm puzzled as to what that hard lining is that you make reference too. Could it be the bony ridge of your jaw bone? What did the oral surgeon say it was?

I would consult with a different oral surgeon monday or tuesday. I think a second opinion on what is happening may be a good idea..... especially since you are returning to school soon.

Are you rinsing with warm salt water 3 times a day? Are you brushing your other teeth normally?

Please let us know how you're doing.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana2630 View Post
On dec 17 i got 4 of my wisdom teeth removed, i bled as expected and everything seemed fine until i woke up. When i woke up i had this hard lining on the side of my bottom right extraction site. It went along my gum. I thought it was normal and it would go away so 3 days went by and my bottom gums started bleeding again on and off. The hard lining got worse so i went back to my oral surgeon. He told me that the bleeding is normal. He pressed on the inflammed area but no abcess came out. He said that its not infected but it may become infected, so he prescribed flagyl to use alongside what he gave me earlier which was amoxicillin. Ive been taking the meds since then, the amoxicillin is almost finished and ill be done the flagyl by tuesday. The inflammation doesnt seem to be going down though. Also it been a week since i got my wisdom teeth removed and my bottom extraction sites still occasionally bleed... I cannot close my mouth due to my swollen gums. And i havent been able to eat anything except cold soup, jello, ice crem yorgurt ect. Im scares because of the bleeding i will get dry sockets, even though i have been extreamly careful. Anyways i was wondering if this is all normal... Ive lost my appitite aswell. I have school in a week and i dont want to be dealing with this. I forgot to mention that my bottom right extraction site is swollwen oer by the hard lining. the flagyl makes me feel so ill. Anywaya im really scared that im not developig a clot properly because i have on an off bleeding on both bottom extraction sites and also im not sure that thr medication he gave me is working because the swelling is the same. Any reassurace or comments would be appeciated!!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote