View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 08:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks for responding Bryanna, the hard lining is a inflammed part of my gum thats on the right side beside my cheek it's about 3 cm long and connects with my lower right extraction site. The doctor pressed on it to see if their was any abcess, but there wasnt. He decieded to put me on another antibiotic as a preventative measure, he told me the swelling would go down but im not sure if it is... I was rinsing my mouth with salt water before but i stopped because in my post-op booklet it never said to do it, so i was conflicted... I'm brushing my teeth but not as normal, I try to get most parts clean but i have difficulty opening my mouth and im afraid of irritating my extraction sites, because the last time i tried to brush my teeth more thoroughly i bled. Since im taking amoxicillin and Flagyl is the inflammed area supposed to go down by the time im finished the pills? the on and off bleeding really concerns me... I cannot wait for my appointment which is on wednesday. Am i worrying too much? And is it normal to have like slight bleeding after a week?
Diana2630 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote