View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 10:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thank yall all so much!! I just wanted to let yall know I got to escape the hospital and come home and be home for Christmas with my kids!!! I am feeling REALLY run down.. my body just decides it's flat out tuckered out and It's about all I can do to just sit up striaght anymore.. I have however seen improvement with the IVIG- my speech is noticably better - until the end of the day it goes a little still.. but it was BAD this past week and I find myself hesitant to say the words that were consistently slurred, and then am pleasantly suprised when they come out "normal"! I am still completely wiped out after all the hospital fun, and defintely don't feel anything like super woman, which I wish I did!
Is that about normal for yall who have responded to IVIG? Should I expect to continue feeling better? Overall not as great of a response as I had hoped, but I don't know if the whole meningitis and being in the hospital on antibiotics etc effected my response

Jana- wow, so what do you mean by "bottomed out" on PE? That is what I'm told we might have to do.. sounds scarey though! I am just praying we get some answers in the bloodwork that was sent out this past week - praying that the Musk will return positive so that we then have an answer and treatment and then the relief that it's not something untreatable/unmanageable.
Until then I will just try to take it easy, which isn't easy.. My face and well every muscle still is tuckering out very easily..

Does this sound "typical" for MG? My face and shoulders are the worst for msucle fatigue/shakiness after use, and then my trunk if my symptoms are REALLY bad.. but my hips, but below my hips all my muscles fatigue easily, but nothing like the rest of me.. is that typical? My hands are just a constant, maybe a little better after IVIG? Thanks again and yall have a Merry Christmas!
bny806 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote